Christian Wallpaper

Monday, August 15, 2005

Road trip….

This would be amongst one of the most memorable road trips that I have ever been on. I would rate it at number 3, the first two being……well that is another story ;-)

This usually begins at Rio and ends in Macae` and also the other way round.

The trip begins from the airport going through the city and through Niteroi and then passing through the beautiful hillsides with roads having more curves than I have ever seen. What you would usually on the road side are these hillsides grazing lands for horses and cattle’s alike. You really have to see it to imagine how beautiful the sight is. I for one am so thankful to God that I am able to see the beauty that He has created all over the world without paying a single dime.

I am sure I make some of my friends jealous with the kind of traveling that I get to do and met the people that I am able to meet. I have been planning to stay here in Brazil for some time as I have a work permit which actually makes me a resident over here. I have made quite a few friends from here. One of the is Gyan Carlos from Santa Catarina and what I have seen of that place, it is beautiful beaches white sand blue waters.

Well I have been invited to visit that place as well as in Rio, but before I embark on that adventure I would surely like to the tune my linguistic skills to the language of this beautiful nation.

Aah! I was talking about the road trip which is usually traveled at the speed of 120 to 130 kmph slowing just for the curves and of course never for the oncoming traffic on the 2 lane road. Putting on the seat belts seems so useless at that speed especially when you see many vehicles lying off the road in ditches. Sounds scary doesn’t it…..well it doesn’t look scary especially when you manage to keep your eyes closed ;-)

That surely doesn’t dampen my spirit to take to this trip every single time I land in Rio to go to work….the view is just too good to give a thought to the driving skills of the driver sitting besides me.

No comments: