Christian Wallpaper

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Prayer

Does prayer work??? This was the post on the cover of a magazine I had recently read and then the article covering this topic went ahead to discuss how scientist have discovered how praying helps release some chemicals in the human body which is ultimately responsible for the positive feeling that the particular person experiences and therefore is able to handle the pressure.
Let’s see what the Bible says about prayer and is it just about US.

What is prayer? Prayer is our way of communicating with God.
Where can we pray? We can pray anywhere.
Who can pray? Anyone who reaches out to God, believing that he is there, can pray
How should we pray? Jesus gave us a model to learn from the “Lords prayer”.

In the Bible right from the Old Testament we can see people praying to God,
Abraham prayed for
Sodom and Gomorrah. Moses who was Israel’s leader also prayed in the wilderness in the face of human uncertainties and the disobedience and disbelief of his people.
In the New Testament we see Jesus Christ teaching his disciples how to pray and also tell them in parables about how a man should not loose heart and give up but keep praying.
The Christian prayer is deeply rooted in the intercession of Christ and the enabling work of the Spirit of God.
I believe that for a Christian prayer is a way of life. I look at it this way if I was in a relation with some one with who I was in love with. I would like to spend time with that person and talk and get to know that person. Well I am in love with Jesus Christ and the only way to get to know Him better and spend time with is through prayer(Read communication). As for as my feeling positive because of prayer, I do because every time I pray I know I am doing what God wants me to do and that lifts me up. So I will keep on praying and enjoying the relationship that I share with Jesus Christ….no one is stopping you to ;-)
Prayer is about seeking and knowing the will of God. Prayer is about God and not only me or only us.

Luke18:1: And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint.
“The Christian on his knees sees more that a philosopher on his tiptoes”-
Dwight. L. Moody
“We are always in the presence of God, yet it seems to me that those who pray are in His presence in a very different way”- Teresa of Avila
“I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go”- Abraham Lincoln
James
5:16 -The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

No comments: