Christian Wallpaper

Friday, September 02, 2005

All for the best ???

When I was a younger I used to hear this phrase “All for the best” and still do.
In reality I have never seen that all is for the best. I do not believe in that adage but I certainly believe in something else which I have read and keep reading.
Romans 8:28 And we know that God cause everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
For some reason this verse has been coming up so often whenever I am reading something regarding the Bible.
Looking at this verse it’s a promise, but it is not an unconditional promise.
It begins with a confirmation and then talks about the reasons for everything happening in our lives. Notice that it says “God causes everything to work together for the good”
Everything I believe would include good, bad and the worst things that can happen,
Happens for the good of all!!! Waitaminit that’s not what it says.
Here is the condition, it happens for the good of;
1st. Those who love God
2nd. and who are called according to his purposes for them.
That verse has been such an encouragement in my life that when I look at every incident every circumstance that took place in my life and will take will work out for my good only because I love my God and am called for His purpose. God will make everything workout for His glory.
This certainly doesn’t change the circumstances that are surrounding us but it does change my perspective about those circumstances which surround us when I look at it the way the Bible looks at it or tells me to.
It is so reassuring to know that God is in control, even when things don’t go as I would like it to go. Even when everything looks lost and hopeless, I believe that God our Father is in control and that I can put all my trust in Him.
All for the best…for those who love God and are called according to his purposes.

John10:10: The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you” says the Lord “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope”

No comments: