Christian Wallpaper

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Vertical ventilations.

Psalm 40:12-17 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me.
Be pleased, O LORD, to save me; O LORD, come quickly to help me.
May all who seek to take my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace.
May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!" be appalled at their own shame.
But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you;may those who love your salvation always say,"The LORD be exalted!"
Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me.You are my help and my deliverer;O my God, do not delay.
The Psalms is a collection of writings where the Psalmist are honest about their feelings to God. No matter what they are going through whether they are angry, sad and hurt. They let God know about it and then they also let Him know that their trust still lies upon Him and only Him not on their own capabilities but on God. From the depths of despair they rise to the heights of joy and praise as they discover the power of God’s everlasting love and forgiveness.
No wonder one of the Authors David is referred as “the man after God’s own heart”.
Today where do we as Christians look to when in time of trouble? Is it on our own strength or is it towards the creator who made us and call on Him?

No comments: